Dental veneers are very simple restorations made from either tooth-colored ceramic material or composite resin. They are wafer-thin, allowing the dentist to bond them to the frontal surface of the teeth to enhance their aesthetics and make minor restorations. We use veneers to treat teeth that are cracked, chipped, misshapen, worn out, excessively spaced, or severely discolored.
Why should you choose Veneers?
- The treatment procedure with veneers would not require more than two visits to the dentist's practice. If the dentist has CEREC, the procedure can be completed in a single visit.
- Since they are made from tooth-colored material, they can be highly customized to mimic the appearance of the adjoining natural teeth perfectly.
- Veneers are highly resistant to external wear, allowing them to stay as good as new for many years.
- They can be used to treat several types of oral conditions, both aesthetic and functional. This makes them highly versatile.
- Placing the veneer on the tooth would not require a lot of preparation, as the removal of a thin layer of enamel from the tooth would suffice to place it.
What is the Procedure for placing Veneers?
During the initial consultation, the dentist will screen the mouth thoroughly to check whether or not veneers can be used to treat your oral condition. Scans and x-rays will be taken to get a better view of the teeth. A thin layer of enamel will be removed from the tooth to make space for the veneer, and a digital impression of the tooth will be created. It is sent to a dental laboratory for fabrication.
Once the veneer is made and ready to be bonded, we will schedule the second consultation. The dentist will apply an etching solution on the tooth and roughen its surface. The veneer will be bonded to it using dental adhesives and hardened using a curing light. A bite test will be conducted, and the veneer may be polished.
Schedule an online appointment or call our dental practice to have a consultation with our dentist at Varni Dental, and we'll guide you further.