X-rays have significant use in the field of dentistry. They are an essential diagnostic tool used to get a better view of the teeth, tooth roots, gums, underlying jawbone and determine the presence of unwanted growth of tissues. At Varni Dental, we use x-ray equipment that produces minimal radiation, making it safer for use on human tissues.
Uses of digital x-rays
X-rays are used for multiple purposes in dentistry, such as:
- Examining the jawbone structure when patients undergo external trauma
- Determining the presence of dormant or underlying cavities
- Jawbone deterioration or shrinkage
- Confirming the presence of oral cancer in patients
- Checking for drifting of teeth in the case of missing teeth
We will recommend taking dental x-rays only if absolutely necessary.
Schedule an online appointment or call our dental practice to have a consultation with our dentist at Varni Dental, and we'll guide you further.